Do you know that you can save money by getting the book Sustainable Escapes by Lonely Planet in pdf version instead of buying one? We have the pdf version of the book Orphans of Islam available for free. Just click on red download button below to download Sustainable Escapes by Lonely Planet for free.
This is Lonely Planet's guide to the world's best eco-friendly resorts and experiences. From eco-lodges with cutting-edge sustainability initiatives to tours designed to protect wildlife and empower communities, you'll discover remarkable places where you can feel good about spending your time and money.
There are nearly 180 escapes to choose from, organised across five themes: Nature, Relaxation, Culture, Urban and Learning, to make it easy for you to find your perfect getaway - from tracking rare black rhinos in Namibia to a high-end private island hideaway in Indonesia, or a remastered heritage hotel in Monaco to an innovative community tourism project in Cuba.
Each escape is labelled with the key sustainability features you can enjoy while staying at the hotel or participating on the tour - whether it's wildlife spotting, sustainable dining, conservation opportunities, homestays, expert talks and more. We also tell you what makes each retreat so special, what you can do there, what's on its doorstep, and provide contact details to help you find out more or book a visit.
Featured experiences include:
- Living with nomads and tending to their livestock in the wilds of rugged Mongolia
- Fishing for and eating invasive lionfish species from Dominica, 'the nature island'
- Protecting rare and elusive snow leopards from the breathtakingly beautiful peaks of Kyrgyzstan
- Staying in a hotel cooled by waterfalls and lush vertical gardens in cutting-edge Singapore
- Staying in an Egyptian eco-lodge that uses beeswax candles for power in lieu of electricity
- Relaxing with yoga classes and rustling up locally-sourced produce in a sustainable eco-lodge on the shores of Lake Nicaragua
And much, much more.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, on mobile, video and in 14 languages, 12 international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
Important Notice: The digital edition of this book may not contain all of the images found in the physical edition.