Do you know that you can save money by getting the book Calendar and Time Diary Methods in Life Course Research by Robert F. Belli in pdf version instead of buying one? We have the pdf version of the book Orphans of Islam available for free. Just click on red download button below to download Calendar and Time Diary Methods in Life Course Research by Robert F. Belli for free.
Calendar and Diary Methods in Life Methods Research is the first book to provide a road map to using both calendar and diary methods in research. An ideal tool for examining issues related to these up-and-coming approaches to data collection, the book is also a helpful resource for readers who interpret literature based on calendar and diary research.
Introductory chapters cement the placement of calendar and time diary methods within life course research, expanding the book's orientation beyond a description of methods into an understanding of the value of these methods. Chapters from well-known contributors from an array of disciplines include examples of ways these methods can be used in the social, health, and behavioral sciences, assess their use in both quantitative and qualitative methods, and deal with measuring and assessing data quality. A final chapter reviews key themes and discusses future directions for research.
- Demonstrates the common problems, solutions, and strategies that have been faced by researchers who collect data via calendar and time diary methods through a range of examples from internationally known contributors
- Includes qualitative and quantitative approaches, and, when possible, discusses how the various paradigms may complement each other
- Offers examples of using the methods in face-to-face and telephone interviewing, in self-administered data collection, and with instruments designed in paper and pencil and computerized formats
- Provides a brief introductory section for each part of the book that orients readers to the importance of the upcoming chapters
- Concludes each part with "For Further Thought" essays that provide practical advice on how to develop and implement calendar and time diary instruments and encourage readers to explore critical issues concerning the applications of these methods
Calendar and Diary Methods in Life Events Research is appropriate for courses such as Survey Research and Methodology, Data Analysis, Quantitative Methods, and Qualitative Methods in departments of sociology, psychology, nursing, communication, education, and economics.